Week ending 10/16/2022

• End of backpacking trip with R. He had altitude sickness, I helped him a bit in the morning, then we hiked down. Lots of talking about challenges with his family, especially his brother, things I had no idea of. Really recontextualizing some things for me, as had other parts of our conversation the previous day. Overall a really great trip, quite notable really. This may have impact for me for years to come…
  • Some interesting, longer media catch up, conversation about aliens (and physics theories and stuff) on a podcast, etc.
  • Not a lot more of CU work but enjoyable, a meeting, specifically. OK real estate work for the time I had.
  • Sam vet visit went well. She is fine! I was initially worried and was going to cancel my weekend travel plans but she seemed to be doing so well I went for it, and she was indeed fine. What a champ. Never even had to give her pain meds.
  • Bit of a catch-up week, and a short one, with weekend away, and leaving early (Thur night) for the next weekend, too…
  • Ongoing Fibery systems improvement
  • Another accountability check-in with M. Neither of us did as well the prior week, but not bad, committed to more focused CU work, and trying to do coaching homework
  • Decided to try to get a better blazer for wedding, spent some time online shopping then ordered some stuff off Amazon, 4 options I think. Will just return the ones I don’t like, though all are similar size. Hopefully at least one will be nearly on! Maybe with some minor alterations, e.g. sleeves…
  • Hike and social day, plus pickups. Got my Crate & Barrel glassware, but couldn’t visit Untuckit. Oh well. Saw T and caught up, that was good. And discovered/tested the Temelpa trail, at last! And it’s promising.
  • First experiments using Readwise page highlighting and notes, which was good
  • Really good and notable, emotional IFS therapy session!
  • Another weekend away, fall colors trip with B and T down to the Mammoth Lakes area. Pretty great overall, days out among the trees and mountains, high altitude, mountain air, sun, running around, scrambling, feeling in good shape (altitude doesn’t affect me as much). Some nice moments. Evenings of food, spirits, and conversation. Exploration, discoveries.