I collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the garden by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering on this site, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit this site without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, I know that you control the e-mail address.
When registered and posting, this website records the IP address that the post originated from. I also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to the server.
Any of the information I collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience — your information helps me to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve my site — I continually strive to improve my site offerings based on the information and feedback I receive from you.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
The Discourse platform that this site runs on has implemented a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
I will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist me in operating me site, conducting my business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. I may also release your information when I believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce site policies, or protect my or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at my discretion, I may include or offer third party products or services on my site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. I therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of this site and welcome any feedback about my choice to work with these third parties.
My site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. This server is located in the USA, and as a result, if you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this site.
This document is CC-BY-SA. It was last updated 2/28/2021 by Oshyan Greene.